For Immediate Release
Media Relations Manager
Rainbow PUSH Peachtree Project
October 7, 2016 – Atlanta – The Rainbow PUSH Coalition will host its 17th Creating Opportunity Conference, October 20 – 22, 2016. The 17th Creating Opportunity Conference is an informative event that supports the Rainbow PUSH Peach Street Project launched in 2000 to work for justice and equality in education, youth development, financial literacy business formation and growth. This year’s conference will take place Thursday at Morehouse College and the Center for Civil and Human Rights, Friday and Saturday at the Hyatt Regency, Downtown.
This Year’s theme is “Converting Opportunity to Wealth in Our Community”
Filled with sessions and activities which will provide its attendees with:
- Informational sessions covering wealth creation, technology, public policy, community development and stabilization, health disparity and youth focused programs.
- Strategy Luncheon: Piercing the Capital Veil honoring inventor technologist Lonnie Johnson, inventor of the SUPER SOAKER
- Powerful Women in Leadership Breakfast featuring the Honorable Alexis Herman and honorees Mrs. Juanita Abernathy and Ms. Bree Newsome.
- Annual Minister’s Luncheon featuring Dr. Kevin W. Cosby, St. Stephen Church, Louisville, Kentucky and Dr. Frederick Douglass Haynes, III, Friendship-West Baptist Church, Dallas, Texas.
- Blockbuster annual Hope is Alive Awards Gala celebrating the 75th Birthday of The Reverend Jesse Jackson recognizing Mrs. Helen Price, President-Coca Cola Foundation, Mr. Leroy Johnson, former State Senator of Georgia, Attorney CK Hoffler and Nathaniel Goldson, Founder of Gourmet Services, Inc.
- The Hope is Alive Awards Gala will be emceed by, WSB-TV 2 Anchor Jovita Moore and Judge Greg Mathis. It will also include special musical presentations by various music artists, from Angie Stone and Zebullon Ellis to Reverend Jackson’s daughter Ms. Santita Jackson, The Sounds of Blackness and other guest.
- Business pitch competition finals, PUSHTech 2020 Think Tank, featuring innovative entrepreneurs who can win up to $5,000.
- Intergenerational Mixer and conversation with Reverend Jesse Jackson visiting the Center for Civil and Human Rights for the very first time.
- Focused on digital entertainment, Digital Capital: The Quest for Appropriate Capital, featuring entertainment executives and the process of raising capital.
- Information, advice and exposure to Angel Investors such as Michael Ross, financial institutions and bankers such as Jerome Russell from Citizens Trust Bank.
- Community Economic Development session to discuss the tide of gentrification and displacement looking at best practices with experts such as Marta Director of Real Estate, Richard Slayton and Detroit Economic Growth Corporation Executive Director, Roderick Miller.
- Public Policy Roundtable focused on the Black Vote featuring Joe Neal, Marilyn Stevens, Atlanta Councilman Ceasar Mitchell, Georgia Representative Floyd Makissick, Georgia Senator Gail Davenport, Michael Thurmond, former Georgia Commissioner of Labor and South Carolina Senator Marlon Kimpson.
- Focus on health disparity with former Surgeon General, Dr. David Satcher.
- Saturday youth focused events and activities including Wells Fargo Bank’s Monopoly teaching money management life skills; Interactive session on Coding, Gaming and Virtual Reality; Chess and learning winning strategies for life management.
This wide array of events and activities provides a wealth of experiences. To register on Eventbrite, go to www.rainbowpushatl.com.
For additional information, interview opportunities and/or to request media credentials contact Tina Spencer, Media Relations Manager at tinasrainbowpushatl.com and or 313-617-0484.
For Immediate Release
October 11, 2016
Rainbow Push Peachtree Project to Host
“Hope is Alive” (GOTV) Rally with
Reverend Jesse Jackson, Jr. October 13
Reverend Jesse Jackson, Sr. and Student Leaders discuss “Hope is Alive”
through Voting, today’s Civil Rights and announcement of the
17th Annual Creating Opportunity Conference, October 20 – 22
Who: Reverend Jesse Jackson, Founder and President Rainbow PUSH Coalition Calvin Vismale, Executive Director Rainbow PUSH Atlanta
Civic Leaders from Vote Empowerment Collaboration, the Peoples Agenda, NAACP, SCLC, American Voters League
AUC Student Leaders
17th Annual Creating Opportunity Conference Participants
What: Get Out the Vote (GOTV), “Hope Is Alive” rally to activate Georgia voters regarding today’s Civil Rights of Wealth Creation and announcement of the 17th Annual Creating Opportunity Conference, October 20 – 22.
Media Briefing Immediately following
When: Thursday, October 13, 2016 | 4:30 PM
Where: Morehouse College Leadership Center, Bank of America Auditorium in the Walter E. Massey Building
830 Westview Dr. SW, Atlanta, GA 30314
Why: Voting registration has ended and now it is time to get out the vote. It is time to activate the all registered voters in all community to get to the polls this fall.
The message that Hope is Alive is central to the 17th Annual Creating Opportunity Conference theme “Converting Opportunity to Wealth in Our Community” is today’s Civil Rights. Voting propels that message and is the most significant tactic available to the community at all levels to ensure continuation of “The Work.”
Media RSVP to Tina Spencer at TSpencerrainbowpush@gmail.com and/or call 313-617-0484
For Immediate Release Tina Spencer
October 17, 2016 Media Relations Manager
Rainbow PUSH Atlanta
The Honorable Alexis Herman Headlines
Powerful Women in Leadership Breakfast
Rainbow Push Atlanta 17 th Creating Opportunity Conference
October 21, 2016, 8:00 AM
Mrs. Juanita Abernathy, Ms. Bree Newsome and Dr. Gwendolyn Boyd
Honored for their leadership role as change agents in the movement of Civil Rights
Honorable Alexis Herman, America’s 23 rd Secretary of Labor – Keynote Speaker
Mrs. Juanita Abernathy, American Civil Rights Legend – Mother of the Movement
Ms. Bree Newsome, American Filmmaker, Musician, Speaker and Activist from Charlotte, North
Carolina – Woman of Courage
Dr. Gwendolyn Boyd, President-Alabama State University – Excellence in Education
Mrs. Lisa Rayam, Former News Anchor at FOX 5 Atlanta (WAGA) – Hostess
The Powerful Women in Leadership breakfast will feature the Honorable Alexis Herman,
America’s 23 rd Secretary of Labor and the first African American ever to lead the United States
Department of Labor. Herman’s focus will be “The Power of Women Leader’s,” exemplified in
this year’s award recipients whose individual actions demonstrate women leadership that is
poignant and purposeful. Rainbow PUSH Atlanta is exited to recognize the contribution of
women, who have served as the backbone of the Civil Rights movement at the 17 th Annual
Creating Opportunity Conference being held from October 20 – 22, 2016.
Friday, October 21, 2016
8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Where: Hyatt Regency Atlanta (Downtown)
265 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 30303
To register on Eventbrite, go to www.rainbowpushatl.com.
To RSVP all media contact Tina Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call 313-617- 0484
to request access to cover these opportunities. We will do our best to honor requests. For more information
regarding the Creating Opportunity Conference visit www.rainbowpushatlanta.org. Approved media will have
access to interview areas, and red carpet arrivals, for which press RSVP in advance and received confirmation from